The Sporting Clays Shoot out is traditionally held the last Friday in October at the Chilhowee Sportsman’s Club in Blount County.
Medal of Honor Evening
The Medal Honor Evening is always held the first Monday in May. This annual fundraising dinner honors the service and sacrifice of one of the 14 Medal of Honor Recipients whose name is engraved on the Memorial.
The 2023 Honoree will be SSG Raymond H Cooley, who received his medal for his actions in the Philippines during World War II.
The guest speaker will be noted historian and author James M. Scott.
- 2022 SGT Troy A. McGill, USA, WWII, Professor John C. McManus
- 2021 1SGT Milo Lemert , USA WWI, Dr. Mitchell Yockelson, United States National Archives
- 2019 SGT Elbert L. Kinzer, USMC, WWII, LtCol Edward T. Nevgloski, USMC
- 2018 SGT Alvin C. York, USA WW1, Dr. Michael Birdwell, Associate Professor of History at Tennessee Tech
- 2017 SGT James E Karnes, USA, WW1, Dr. Edward Lengel, Chief Historian, White House Historical Society
- 2016 SFC Ray E. Duke USA, Korea (POW), Dr. Michael E. Lynch, United States Army Heritage and Education Center
- 2015 T/Sgt Charles Coolidge, USA WW2, Lt. Gen (ret)Charles H. Coolidge, Jr.
- 2014 Pvt Calvin Ward, USA WW1, Jim Claborn, local historian and author
- 2013 1SGT Mitchell Stout, USA Vietnam, Judge Donald Wittenberger
- 2012 Cpl Paul B. Huff, USA WWII, Professor John C. McManus, Author and historian
- 2011 1LT Alexander Bonnyman, Jr. USMC WWII, Mr. Clay Bonnyman Evans, Author and Grandson of Lt Bonnyman