Adam Franklin was born at Montlake, Tennessee, son of Wiley Franklin and Addie Mae Payne.
Private First Class Adam Franklin was assigned to the 184th Infantry Regiment, 7th Infantry Division. The 7th was fighting to retake Leyte, Philippines in December 1944, battling North towards Ormoc, against the 26th Japanese Infantry Division.
PFC Franklin was killed in action on 27 December 1944. He is interred at the Manila American Cemetery, Philippines.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 15 July 1921
- Date of death: 27 December 1944
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Soddy
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 184th Infantry Regiment, 7th Infantry Division
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Manila American Cemetery, Fort Bonifacio, Manila, Philippines
- Location In Memorial: Pillar X, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Adam Franklin
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.