Albert Lonnie Harrell was born in McMinn County, Tennessee, the son of Bud Harrell and Fanny Grace Latham.
The Sweetwater Valley News , December 2, 1948
Sgt. Albert Harrell, 25, was killed in Germany March 30, 1945. He was the son of Mr. and Mrs. Bud Harrell of Sweetwater Route three.
He entered the service April 20, 1942. Sgt Harrell attended school in McMinn County. His body will be returned to his home Friday. Services will be held at the North Sweetwater Baptist Church. Rev. Lewis Holt, Pastor, will officiate at the service. Burial will be in West View Cemetery with the VFW in charge of military honors.
Survivors are his parents, three sisters, Mrs. Lester Wilkins, Mrs. Paul Lone and Miss Reva Harrell, all of Sweetwater and one brother, Roy C., of Oak Ridge.
- Rank: Sergeant
- Date of birth: 2 March 1920
- Date of death: 30 March 1945
- County: McMinn
- Hometown: Sweetwater
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 33rd Armored Regiment
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: West View Cemetery, Sweetwater, Monroe County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XV, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Albert L. Harrell
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.