Private Albert Clyde Wampler was born in Wallace, Virginia to William Delany Wampler and Margaret Anne Weaver. He enlisted in the Army at the age of 18. He was assigned to the 120th Infantry Regiment, 30th Division AEF. He died of wounds received in action on 20 October 1918 and is interred at D,19,10, Somme American Cemetery, Bony, France.
News article Washington Post, 21 November 1918
Albert Wampler dies of wounds.
Bristol Nov. 20 – Albert Wampler, son of W.D. Wampler of this city died in France as the result of wounds sustained in action. He had been overseas about six months. His parents, one sister and four brothers survive him.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 15 March 1899
- Date of death: 20 October 1918
- County: Sullivan
- Hometown: Bristol
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Headquarters Company, 120th Infantry Regiment, 30th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Battles: Bellecourt, Montbrehan, St. Souplet
- Burial/Memorial Location: Somme American Cemetery, Bony, France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar V, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Albert Wampler
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.