Amos Lee Austin was born in Mt. Airy, Bledsoe County, Tennessee to Joel B. and Sarah J. Austin. He entered the service July 26, 1918 at Pikeville, Tennessee and received his training at Camp Gordon in Atlanta, Georgia. He sailed to Europe on September 13, 1918 arriving later that month. He participated in the Meuse-Argonne offensive from November 1 till November 6 where he was killed in action at Mouzon. Pvt Austin is buried at plot A, row 26, grave 15, Meuse-Argonne American Cemetery, Romagne, France.
He is listed in Sequatchie County in the State Library.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 16 December 1895
- Date of death: 6 November 1918
- County: Bledsoe
- Hometown: Mount Airy
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company C, 18th Infantry Regiment, 1st Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Battles: Meuse-Argonne Offensive
- Burial/Memorial Location: Meuse-Argonne American Cemetery, Romagne, France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar II, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Amos L. Austin
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.