Andrew James Bristow was born 3 August 1908, Cumberland County, Tennessee to Mark Sherman Bristow and Clarissa Ford. Husband of Hilda Smith Bristow.
He died of Wounds 27 September 1944, Aachen, Germany. He is buried at Grassy Cove Methodist Church Cemetery, Cumberland County, Tennessee.
Crossville Chronicle, March 31, 1949
Remains of Lt. Andrew J. Bristow, War II dead, son of the late Mr. and Mrs. M.S. Bristow are scheduled to arrive here this afternoon, Thursday, March 31. Funeral services will be held at the Methodist Church at Grassy Cove Sunday afternoon, April 3. The ramains will be taken to the family home in Grassy Cove until time for services Sunday.
Lt. Bristow was wounded in September, 1944, while serving with the First Division of the First Army in Germany. He was the youngest son of the late Mr. and Mrs. M.S. Bristow of Grassy Cove.
- Rank: Second Lieutenant
- Date of birth: 3 August 1908
- Date of death: 27 September 1944
- County: Cumberland
- Hometown: Crab Orchard
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Grassy Cove Methodist Church Cemetery, Cumberland County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IX, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Andrew J. Bristow
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.