Andrew J. Carr was born in 1919, son of Samuel Lewis Carr and Clemmie Ellen
Private First Class
He enlisted on 7 June 1941 at Fort Oglethorpe in Georgia.
PFC Carr is buried at Lee Cemetery, McDonald, Bradley County, Tennessee.
The Cleveland Herald, November 17, 1944
Mrs. Clemmie Carr, of McDonald, Tenn., received a wire from the War Department notifying her that her son, Pfc. A.J. Carr was killed in action on October 22, 1944. Pfc. Was a member of an infantry division. He entered the army in 1940, about a year before war was declared. His year would have been up about two months after Pearl Harbor. Besides his mother, he is survived by three brothers, Don Carr of Spring City; Robert and Arlie Carr, both of McDonald; and three sisters, Mrs. Claudie Gates, Mrs. Lozier Goins and Mrs. Maine Myers, all of McDonald.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of death: 22 October 1944
- County: Bradley
- Hometown: McDonald
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Lee Cemetery, McDonald, Bradley County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Andrew J. Carr
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.