Andrew McCloud was born on 25 December 1918 in New Orleans, Louisiana, son of Olivia McCloud
Died non Battle 19 September 1942
Buried at Chalmette National Cemetery, Chalmette, LA, 182, 15148
795th Tank Destroyer Battalion, Company A
Pvt McCloud died in service at Fort Custer, Kalamazoo, Michigan. He was shot and killed by a blast from a riot gun in the warehouse area at Fort Custer, when he changed guard duty with Pvt. William C. Boynton of Chicago.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 25 December 1918
- Date of death: 19 September 1942
- County: Hawkins
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 795th Tank Destroyer Battalion
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Chalmette National Cemetery, Chalmette, Louisiana
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Andrew McCloud
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.