Arthie Vertie Whitson was born in Kentucky, the son of Isaac Franklin Whitson and Zona Estell Shiplet. Husband of Jeanette Mansfield and father of George Mansfield Whitson.
TEC-4 Arthie V. Whitson enlisted out of South Carolina. He served in the 274th Signal Construction Company. He died on 24 September 1944 and is interred at A,6,116, Manila American Cemetery, Philippines.
- Rank: Technician 4th Class
- Date of birth: 18 May 1911
- Date of death: 24 September 1944
- County: Bledsoe
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 274th Signal Construction Company
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Manila American Cemetery, Fort Bonifacio, Manila, Philippines
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Arthie V. Whitson
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.