Boatswains Mate Second Class Arthur John McClinton began his naval career on January 4, 1914 and saw three years service on USS Utah. During the war he was on merchant ships Atlantic Sun, Wilmore, and Charleston. Captured by Germans when Wilmore was sunk by submarine in September 1917 but later released. Disappeared February 25, 1919 and found dead March 5, 1919 in a canal at New Orleans, Louisiana.
He is buried at the Knoxville National Cemetery, Knoxville, Tennessee.
- Rank: Boatswains Mate Second Class
- Date of birth: 15 July 1897
- Date of death: 5 March 1919
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Knoxville
- Service Branch: Navy
- Division/Assignment: USS Castine
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Knoxville National Cemetery, Knoxville, Knox County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IV, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Arthur J. McClinton
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.