Private Audley Emerson Lynn was born on April 12, 1925. He was the son of Winston “Wince” Bassel Lynn and Aleitha “Allie” O’Dell. His mother died in 1926 and his father married Katie Belle Burnum. He had 2 sister, Flora Mae Lynn and Emma Lynn who died at birth, and a half sister, Thenia Agnes Lynn who died when she was one year old. In 1930, he lived with his family in Loudon County, where he worked as a farm hand. Prior to enlisting he resided and worked as a farmer in Monroe County. He enlisted on July 13, 1943, in Fort Oglethorpe, Georgia. He was killed in action on June 25, 1944. He is buried in Hardshell Cemetery in Monroe County, Tennessee.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 12 April 1925
- Date of death: 25 June 1944
- County: Blount
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: Field Artillery
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Hardshell Cemetery, Tellico Plains, Monroe County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Audley E. Lynn
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.