Augustine Brabson Littleton was born 27 July 1887, Nashville, Tennessee, son of John Jackson Littleton and Mary Louise Brabson. He was educated at Marist Seminary, Washington, D.C.; Mt. St. Joseph’s College in Baltimore and graduated at the University of Chattanooga, LL.B. 1908, member of Theta Lambda Phi Greek letter fraternity.
Augustine B. Littleton died at Camp Taylor, Kentucky of influenza at the age of 31. He was a student at the Officers Training Camp. He was the husband of Marguerite Warner and had a daughter Grey Littleton and a son Augustine B. Littleton who died at birth on 31 March 1914 at Chattanooga, Tennessee. A second son, also called Augustine Brabson Littleton, was born on 3 April 1919 and served as a Lt Col with the US Army in Korea and died in 1992.
His wife Marguerite Warner Littleton died on 8 April 1919 of Influenza. She is buried next to her husband at Chattanooga National Cemetery, Hamilton County, Tennessee.
- Rank: Student
- Date of birth: 27 July 1887
- Date of death: 10 October 1918
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 10th Tn Battalion Field Artillery Cent Officers Training School
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Chattanooga National Cemetery, Chattanooga, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar III, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Augustine B. Littleton
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.