Avery Hopson was born on 4 August 1917, the son of Charles Carry Hopson and Leila Scoggins. Brother of Staff Sergeant Frank Hopson who was killed in the South Pacific area in 1943. Mr. and Mrs. Hopson had five sons in the army.
Staff Sergeant Hopson served with the 253rd Infantry Regiment and was killed in Action 7 April 1945 in the European Theatre of war.
S/Sgt Hopson was returned from overseas and is buried at Arlington National Cemetery, Arlington, VA, 12, 6871
- Rank: Staff Sergeant
- Date of birth: 4 August 1917
- Date of death: 7 April 1945
- County: Carter
- Hometown: Shell Creek
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 253rd Infantry Regiment
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Arlington National Cemetery, Arlington, VA
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VII, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Avery Hopson
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.