Brown Henry Smith
Born 6 April 1921, Bledsoe County, Tennessee
Missing in action 23 October 1943, Finding of Death 24 October 1944
Son of Lewis Benjamin Smith and Nancy Jane Douglas Reel Smith
Brown Smith was a member of crew of a plane, which took off from England on a routine operational flight and was declared overdue and missing on October 23, 1943.
Memorialized at Cambridge American Cemetery, England.
- Rank: Aviation Machinist Mate 3rd Class
- Date of birth: 6 April 1921
- Date of death: 24 October 1943
- County: Bledsoe
- Service Branch: Navy
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Cambridge American Cemetery, Cambridge, England
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VI, Top Panel
- Sponsored by: Melba Reel Hargis
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.