Barney Carl Morgan was born in 1927 in Tennessee, the son of George Washington Morgan and Grace Ida McGowan.
Hee was Killed in Action and buried at sea. Memorialized at the Manila American Cemetery, Philippines.
The Chattanooga Daily Times, 8 February 1945
S2C Barney Carl Morgan, 18, United States Naval Reserve, and son of Mr. and Mrs. George W. Morgan, 2438 Rossville Boulevard, was reported killed in action. Formerly employed by Miller Bros. Co., Seaman Morgan was an employe of the Cofer Electric Company when he volunteered for service eight months ago. He attended Jefferson Street Grammar School and Kirkman Vocational School. He was the brother of Mrs. Carl Bevins, Altanta, Raymond Morgan of Ohio and Ira L. Morgan of Chattanooga.
Photo courtesy; Kenneth Morgan
- Rank: Seaman Second Class
- Date of death: 21 January 1945
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Navy
- Division/Assignment: USS Ticonderoga (CV 14)
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Manila American Cemetery, Fort Bonifacio, Manila, Philippines
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XI, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Barney C. Morgan
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.