William Clifford Bennett’s parents, Bud Bennett and Millie Martin, lived in Newland, NC. He enlisted on July 25, 1917 at Camp Sevier, South Carolina and received training at Camp Sevier and Camp Merritt in Hobroken, New Jersey. He sailed to Europe on May 6, 1918 and was wounded on October 8, 1918 clearing Station #58 and died the same day.
- Rank: Corporal
- Date of birth: 19 January 1894
- Date of death: 8 October 1918
- County: Unicoi
- Hometown: Erwin
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company E, 117th Infantry Regiment, 30th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Somme American Cemetery and Memorial Bony, Departement de l'Aisne, Picardie, France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar V, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor William C. Bennett
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.