Bert Raby was the son of Sexton Hubert Raby and Clara John “Johnnie” Stanley.
He Died – Disease Non Battle
Buried – Johnson Chapel Cemetery, Roane Co., TN
The Knoxville Journal, 20 November 1948
Pvt. Bert Raby, 20, was killed in Italy, December 6, 1943. He served under Gen. Mark Clark in the Fifth Army, 71st Joint Assault Signal Co. He served in the Army 37months. He is survived by his parents, Mr. and Mrs. S.H. Raby; grandmother, Mrs. Mollie Raby; four sisters, all of Erie; and one brother of Sanderson, Florida.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 17 June 1923
- Date of death: 6 December 1943
- County: Roane
- Hometown: Erie
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 71st Signal Company
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Johnson Chapel Cemetery, Blue Springs, Roane County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Bert Raby
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.