William “Bill” Harrison Russell was the son of William J. Russell and Martha “Mattie” Stapleton. Husband of Alma Catharine Willis and father of Sharon Russell.
He had been in the Army 10 months and overseas 2 months. He was killed in action in France. Buried at Brittany American Cemetery, St. James (Manche), France, G, 7, 7
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 16 September 1915
- Date of death: 6 September 1944
- County: Hawkins
- Hometown: Eidson
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 115th Infantry Regiment, 29th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Brittany American Cemetery, St. James (Manche), France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Bill H. Russell
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.