Billy Byrd Bayless was the son of Byrd D. Bayless and Era H. Cagle.
Served on the U.S.S. Mississippi. He was killed in action 20 November 1943 and buried at sea. He is listed on the Tablets of the Missing, Honolulu Memorial, Hawaii.
- Rank: Seaman Second Class
- Date of birth: 11 January 1925
- Date of death: 20 November 1943
- County: Bledsoe
- Hometown: Pikeville
- Service Branch: Navy
- Division/Assignment: USS Mississippi
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Honolulu Memorial, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Billy B. Bayless
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.