Bruce Wallace Perry was born on 2 April 1917, the son of John Wilburn Perry and Addie Perry. Husband of Fannie Faye Buck.
He Died non Battle 7 March 1945
Buried at Lindy Richardson Cemetery, Morgan Branch Road, Roan Mountain, Shell Creek, TN
Served on the USS Waldron
The Elizabethton Star, 17 March 1945
Mrs. Faye Buck Perry, Shell Creek, Route 1, has been notified that her husband, Fireman 1/c Bruce W. Perry, 26, was accidentally electrocuted March 7, on the USS Waldron. He was buried on a south-Pacific island. He has one son, Chadwick “Chad” Bruce, age seven. F 1/c Perry entered the service in February of last year. He took his training at Great Lakes. He is survived by a brother, Cl. Bolsom Perry, who is with the army in Alaska; sisters Mrs. O.K. Shell and Mrs. Thomas J. Hyder, and his parents, John W. Perry and Addie Perry.
- Rank: Fireman First Class
- Date of birth: 2 April 1917
- Date of death: 7 March 1945
- County: Carter
- Hometown: Shell Creek
- Service Branch: Navy
- Division/Assignment: USS Waldron (DD-699)
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Lindy Richardson Cemetery, Shell Creek, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VII, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Bruce W. Perry
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.