Burl Danna Huskey was born in Sevier County, Tennessee, the son of Shird Luther Huskey and Emma Rebecca Trentham. Husband of Florence Carr.
Burl D. Huskey was killed in action on Luzon June 16. He had been in service five months.
The Maryville and Alcoa Daily Times, July 31, 1945
Pvt. Burl D. Huskey, 19, was killed June 16, in action on Luzon, his parents, Mr. and Mrs. S.L. Huskey of Walland, have been informed. Pvt. Huskey completed four months of training at Fort McClellan, Ala., and was then assigned to overseas duty with the 63rd Regt. Of the 7th Calvary where he served five months. Pvt. Huskey, a former student of Porter High School, married Florence Carr in December, 1944. Besides his parents and widow, he is survived by two brothers, Eugenen of the U.S. Army and J.L. of Walland, also 10 sisters.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 20 May 1926
- Date of death: 16 June 1945
- County: Blount
- Hometown: Walland
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 7th Cavalry Regiment, 1st Cavalry Division
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Providence Baptist Cemetery, Seymour, Blount County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Burl D. Huskey
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.