Private Buster Kennet Brown was born August 17, 1924, son of Zenes Lee Brown and Dora Lester Brown. He was killed in action at Leyte Island in the Philippines on October 21, 1944. He was a member of Company L, 184th Infantry, 7th US Army.
He enlisted with the US Army on July 13, 1943 at Fort Oglethorpe, Georgia. Buster had attended high school up to his junior year and was not married at the time of his enlistment.
Private Brown was returned to his hometown August 31, 1948 and is buried at Tellico Plains Cemetery, Tellico Plains, Tennessee.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 17 August 1924
- Date of death: 21 October 1944
- County: Monroe
- Hometown: Tellico Plains
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: Company L, 184th Infantry, 7th Army
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Tellico Plains Cemetery, Tellico Plains, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Buster K. Brown