Caleb Frank Crabtree was born at Jamestown, Fentress County Tennessee, the son of James Wilburn Crabtree and Kansas O. Duncan. He had a brother, Cletus M. Crabtree. He was enlisted at Fort Oglethorpe Georgia on the 22nd of April 1942.
Private Caleb F. Crabtree #34281979 US Army, was assigned to the 60th Infantry Regiment, 9th Infantry Division.
The 9th Division on the 30th of January 1945 launched its assault across the Roer River pushing towards the Rhine River where it crossed on the bridge at Remagen on 7 March 1945.
Pvt Crabtree was killed in action on the 28th of February 1945. He is interred at Henri-Chapelle America Cemetery, Belgium, located in E,12,42.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 17 April 1912
- Date of death: 28 February 1945
- County: Fentress
- Hometown: Jamestown
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 60th Infantry Regiment, 9th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Bronze Star, Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Henri-Chapelle American Cemetery, Henri-Chapelle, Belgium
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IX, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Caleb F. Crabtree
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.