Callie Morgan Hickey, after induction into service at Knoxville on March 29, 1918, was ordered to Camp Gordon, GA, for training. After a short assignment with 28th Company, 157th Depot Battalion, he was transferred to Company G, 327th Infantry, 82nd Division. Sailing April 18 for overseas duty, he took part in all fighting of his unit until October 11, 1918, when he was killed in action in the Argonne Forest. He died at the age of 26.
Prior to the war he was employed by Appalachian Marble Mill as a quarryman. He is buried at Meuse-Argonne American Cemetery, Romagne, France.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 16 April 1891
- Date of death: 11 October 1918
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Knoxville
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company G, 327th Infantry Regiment, 82nd Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Battles: Argonne Forest
- Burial/Memorial Location: Meuse-Argonne American Cemetery, Romagne, France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IV, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Callie M. Hickey
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.