Cannon Holt was born 2 November 1918, the son of Luther Andrew Holt and Maude Mae Propes.
He died 9 June 1944
Buried at Andrew Johnson National Cemetery, Greeneville, TN, C, 129
23rd Infantry, 2nd Division, Company I
The Greenville Sun, October 6, 1944
Pvt Cannon Holt, son of Mr. and Mrs. Luther A. Holt of Greeneville, Route 5, was killed in action June 12 in France. Pvt. Holt had been in the army for six years, and in foreign service thirteen months. Besides his parents, he is survived by three sisters, Mrs. Alvin Lane of Greenville, Route 5, Mrs. J.D. Crum of Greeneville, Route 7, Mrs. Lee Freshour of Erwin, Tenn., two brothers, Mr. Ralph Holt of Greeneville, Route 5 and Mr. Fred Holt of Mosheim, Route 1.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 2 November 1918
- Date of death: 9 June 1944
- County: Greene
- Hometown: Greeneville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 23rd Infantry Regiment, 2nd Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Andrew Johnson National Cemetery, Greeneville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IX, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Cannon Holt
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.