Carl Clifton Blake was the son of Albert Hamilton Blake and Mary Ann Cox. He married Cresie Lucile Moore on 28 May 1921 at west Blockton, Alabama. Their daughter Margaret Elaine Blake was born in 1922. According to the 1930 he was no longer married and lived at the same address as his mother and step-father, Henry A. David. His father had died in 1912. In 1930, Carl Blake signed up for three years’ service in the Sixth cavalry, Fort Oglethorpe, after finishing duty with the Second Cavalry at Fort Eustis, Va. In 1938 he re-enlisted in the 15th field artillery. He served in Texas and Hawaii.
He is buried at the Honolulu Memorial Cemetery, HI, B, 106
251st Coast Artillery, 2nd Battalion, Headquarters Battery
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 21 January 1904
- Date of death: 27 February 1942
- County: Hamilton
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 251st Coast Artillery Regiment
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Honolulu Memorial, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Carl C. Blake
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.