Carl Hatfield was born on 15 November 1923, the son of William Henderson Hatfield and Ruby Miller.
He died 12 August 1944 in France.
Buried at Douglas Cemetery, Jellico, TN
Private First Class
28th Infantry Regiment, 8th Infantry Division, Company B
The Knoxville Journal, 16 December 1948
Pfc. Carl G. Hatfield, 21, was killed in action in France Aug. 12, 1944, while serving with the eighth division, 28th Infantry, Company B. Survivors: parents, Mr. and Mrs. William Hatfield of Wooldridge; five brothers, Claude, Earl, Albert, Charles and Kelly, all of Hatfield. The body will arrive in Jellico and will be taken from Llewellyn Funeral Home to the home of the parents where it will remain until the funeral.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 1 November 1923
- Date of death: 12 August 1944
- County: Campbell
- Hometown: Wooldridge
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 28th Infantry Regiment, 8th Infantry Division
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Douglas Cemetery, Jellico, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Carl G. Hatfield
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.