Cecil Clinton (Clint) Broyles was born in Chuckey, Tennessee. He was a school teacher before his enlistment on 14 December 1917 at Fort Oglethorpe in Georgia. He trained at Kelly Field, San Antonio, Texas, New Port News, Virginia, and Camp Marion. He sailed to Europe on 31 July 1918, arriving in August 1918 and died at the age of 24 of broncho pneumonia at the hospital in Ellis Island, N.Y. He was buried in Philadelphia Cemetery on 18 December 1918.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 21 February 1893
- Date of death: 14 December 1918
- County: Greene
- Hometown: Chuckey
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 320 Aero Squadron
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Philadelphia Community Cemetery, Philadelphia, Washington County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar III, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Cecil C. Broyles
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.