Cecil French Goddard was the son of Tomella E. French and James Monroe Goddard. He enlisted at the recruiting Station in Nashville, Tennessee on 30 April 1917. He served as a Gunner’s Mate 2nd on the USS Mississippi until 11 November 1918. He died of pneumonia at the Naval Hospital in Kings, New York.
- Rank: Gunners Mate Second Class
- Date of birth: 14 August 1896
- Date of death: 13 January 1919
- County: Blount
- Hometown: Maryville
- Service Branch: Navy
- Division/Assignment: USS Mississippi
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Magnolia Cemetery, Maryville, Blount County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar II, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Cecil F. Goddard
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.