Charles Aaron Jack Webster was born on 8 November 1924 at Sparta, White County, Tenn.
Died 23 February 1945 in France
Pvt Webster was returned from Epinal, France. Buried at Chattanooga National Cemetery, Y, 284.
The Chattanooga Daily Times, 11 March 1945
Pvt. Charles A. (Jack) Webster, 19, son of Mr. and Mrs. J.L. Webster, 708 North Market Street was killed in action with an infantry unit in France Feb. 23, the War Department informed his parents last night. A former student at the H. Clay Evans School and Vocational High School, he entered the army in October, 1944, and had been overseas only eight weeks. He received training at Camp Hood, Texas.
Pvt. Webster is survived by his parents, three brothers, Billy Webster, Chattanooga; S/Sgt John L. Webster, now in England, and Pvt. H.T. Webster, stationed at Warensburg, Mo.; four sisters, Miss Louise Webster, Mrs. Clara Jones, Miss Katherine Webster and Miss Judy Webster, all of Chattanooga.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 8 November 1924
- Date of death: 23 February 1945
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: Infantry
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Chattanooga National Cemetery, Chattanooga, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Charles A. Webster
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.