Charles Clarence Free was born in Newport, Tennessee, son of Jefferson Free. He died of wounds received in action on 10 October 1918 at the age of 18 and is buried in plot D, row 12, grave 8, Somme American Cemetery, Bony, France.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 3 September 1897
- Date of death: 10 October 1918
- County: Cocke
- Hometown: Newport
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company I, 120th Infantry Regiment, 30th Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Somme American Cemetery, Bony, France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar II, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Charles C. Free
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.