Charles Clary (or Culp) Meeks was born on January 24, 1893 in Mammoth Springs, Arkansas. He was the son of John Wilson Meeks and Mary D. Tucker Meeks. He was the brother of Arkie A. Meeks and Mary Elizabeth Meeks. Prior to joining the military, he was employed as a clerk for the Knoxville Power Company at the Aluminum Company of America in Alcoa.
Lt Meeks died 8 March 1919 at Dinteville, France of a traumatic shock, fractured skull at BH 64 after his airplane crashed. He was initially buried at Rimancourt Haute Marm in France. He is buried at Masonic Cemetery, Pocahontas, Randolph County, Arkansas.
- Rank: Lieutenant
- Date of birth: 24 January 1893
- Date of death: 8 March 1919
- County: Blount
- Hometown: Pocahontas
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 258th Aero Squadron
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Masonic Cemetery, Pocahontas, Randolph County , Arkansas
- Location In Memorial: Pillar II, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Charles C. Meeks
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.