Charles Daris Burkhard was born at Walker, Georgia on 1 February 1923, the son of James Samuel Burkhart and Maude Alice Gibson.
Died 26 May 1945
Returned from overseas Hamm-Luxembourg in 1949
1293 MP Company
The Chattanooga Times, June 9, 1945
Entering the air forces in 1942, Cpl. Burkhart, 22, was a former student at Lookout Junior High School and an employe of the Brown Barbecue Company prior to joining the army. The War Department recently informed his mother of his death in Germany on May 26, but gave no details. Holder of the European Theater Ribbon with two Bronze Stars, he was the brother of Pvt. William H. Burkhart, now overseas, and Cpl. George L. Burkhart, stationed in Sweetwater, Texas.
- Rank: Corporal
- Date of birth: 1 February 1923
- Date of death: 26 May 1945
- County: Hamilton
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 1293 MP Company
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: European Theater Ribbon with two Bronze Stars
- Burial/Memorial Location: Chattanooga National Cemetery, Chattanooga, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Charles D. Burkhart
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.