Enlisted on August 24, 1943, in Fort Oglethorpe, GA.
Private First Class Charles E. Fox, US Army, was assigned to the 7th Infantry Regiment, 3rd Infantry Division. In October 1944, the 3rd Division was advancing out of Southern France and moving against the Rhineland in Germany, by advancing up the Rhône River as part of Operation Dragoon.
PFC Fox was killed in action on the 22nd of October 1944, He is interred at the Épinal American Cemetery, A,26,48, France.
His awards include the Purple Heart.
If you have additional information on PFC Fox, please contact family member Lisa Fox Young (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of death: 22 October 1944
- County: Knox
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 7th Infantry Regiment, 3rd Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Épinal American Cemetery, Épinal (Vosges), France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XV, Top Panel
- Sponsored by: Lisa Fox Young
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.