Technician 5th Class Charles O. Griffith #14043785 US Army was assigned to Company F, 60th Coast Artillery Regiment in the Philippines prior to the start of WW II. The Regiment was the defensive artillery for Manila and Subic Bays. The Regiment surrendered on the 6th of May 1942 to Japanese Forces.
He died as a prisoner of war on 27th of November 1942, and is listed on the Tablets of the Missing, Manila American Cemetery, Philippines.
- Rank: Technician 5th Class
- Date of death: 27 November 1942
- County: Morgan
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 60th Coast Artillery Regiment
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Manila American Cemetery, Fort Bonifacio, Manila, Philippines
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Charles O. Griffith