Charles Rufus Reeves was born at Elora, Tennessee, the son of Henry C. Reeves and Lerena A. Blankinship. Husband of Annie Marie Thompson and father of Charlotte Ann Reeves. He was killed in action in Marginy St. Lo, France.
Pvt. Reeves entered the service in March, 1943. He was employed by the Hunt Spring Bed Company here before entering the army. He went overseas in February, 1944. He attended Central High School.
Photo Courtesy; Paul G. Hudson, JR.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 14 May 1917
- Date of death: 1 August 1944
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 47th Armored Infantry Battalion, 5th Armored Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Knoxville National Cemetery, Knoxville, Knox County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Charles R. Reeves
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.