Charles Richard Seay was born in Pisgah, Jackson, Alabama, the son of Henry Moses Seay and Mary Louise Roach. Husband of Bernice Edna Ellis and father of Carol Faye and Charles Richard Seay Jr.
PFC Seay was returned from Pietramala – Mt. Beni, Italy
The Chattanooga Daily Times, 24 March 1945
Pfc. Charles R. Seay, husband of Mrs. Bernice Seay 515 East 16th Street, and son of Mr. and Mrs. Henry Seay, 1010 East 13th Street was killed March 8 in Italy while participating in action with a Fifth Army infantry unit. He was employed by Stone & Webster Construction Company before entering the army in November, 1942. He had been overseas approximately one year. He is survived by his wife, two children, Carol Faye and Charles Seay Jr.; parents; one brother, Pvt. Lawrence Seay, now in army duty overseas.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 29 September 1914
- Date of death: 8 March 1945
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 338th Infantry Regiment
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Chattanooga National Cemetery, Chattanooga, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XI, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Charles R. Seay
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.