Charles Thomas Severs was born on 15 July 1916 at Red Bank, Tennessee, son of Frederick F. Severs and Mary Ann Reel and stepson of Frank J. Bishop. He married Willie Mae West in 1936
Died non Battle 21 June 1945 at Linz, Austria
Buried at the Chattanooga National Cemetery, Y, 466
Private First Class
337th Harbor Craft Company
PFC Severs was initially buried at St. Avold-Metz in France.
The Chattanooga Daily Times, 10 December 1948
Funeral services for Pfc. Charles T. Severs, son of Mrs. Mary Bishop of Lupton City, whose body arrived here yesterday for reburiel. Burial will be in National Cemetery.
Pfc. Severs is survived by his wife, Mrs. Willia Mae Severs; a daughter, Martha Jean Severs; one son, Albert Thomas Severs; sisters, Mrs. Anna Defur, Mrs. Pearl Campbell, Mrs. Mildre Wilkey, Mrs. Ada McKeel, Mrs. Ethel Defur, Miss Carrie Bishop, Mrs. Katie Preston, all of Chattanooga, and several half brothers.
Killed in the line of duty in Austria on June 21. A former employe of the Dixie Mercerizing Company at Lupton City, Pfc. Severs had seen service in England, France and Germany before being killed in line of duty in Linz, Austria. He formerly attended schools in Hixson and Lupton City. He received training at Campp Gordon Johnston, Fla.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 15 July 1916
- Date of death: 21 June 1945
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Lupton City
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 337th Harbor Craft Company
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Chattanooga National Cemetery, Chattanooga, Hamilton County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Charles T. Severs
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.