Sergeant Charlie Douglas was assigned to the 325th Infantry Regiment, 79th Infantry Division. In February and March 1945 the 79th was in defensive position, cleaning up pockets of resistance. On the 24th of March the Division went back on the offensive and crossed the Rhine River.
Sergeant Douglas was killed in action on the 24th of March 1945. He is interred at the Netherlands American Cemetery, Margarten, Netherlands, Plot G, row 18, grave 21.
- Rank: Sergeant
- Date of death: 24 March 1945
- County: Campbell
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 325th Infantry Regiment, 79th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Bronze Star, Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Netherlands American Cemetery, Margraten, Netherlands
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Charlie Douglas
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.