Charlie Edward Sise was born at Sevier on 13 March 1916, the son of Elvey Dority Sise and Mattie Grizzle.
S/Sgt Charlie Sise was killed in action on Saipan Island on 7 July 1944. He is buried at Boyds Creek Cemetery, Sevier County, Tennessee.
Father – Elvey Dority Sise (1874-1957)
Mother – Mattie G. Sise (1879-1932)
The Knoxville Journal, August 20, 1944
Memorial services for Staff Sergeant Charlie E. Sise, killed in action, July 6, at Saipan, will be conducted at Union Valley Baptist Church. Sgt. Sise was 28 years old. He had been serving his country over three years and had been overseas most of that time. He joined Union Valley Church at an early age and remained a faithful member until entering the service. He is surived by his father, E.D. Sise, a Spanish-American War veteran; a brother, Luther; one sister, Mrs. Lucy Cahorn; two half-brothers, Jimmie and Jackie, all of Boyd’s Creek.
- Rank: Staff Sergeant
- Date of birth: 13 March 1916
- Date of death: 7 July 1944
- County: Sevier
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: Infantry
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Boyds Creek Cemetery, Boyds Creek, Sevier County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVII, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Charlie E. Sise
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.