Born 23 April 1916
Died non Battle 10 August 1943
Private First Class
399th Bomber Squadron, 88th Bomber Group, Walla, Walla, A.A.F.
PFC Shultz died at Morrow, Oregon. He is buried at the Shultz Family Cemetery, Knoxville, TN.
The Knoxville Journal, August 16, 1943
Pfc. Chester W. Shultz, who was killed in a bomber crash Tuesday at Walla, Walla, Wash., will arrive at 3:30 a.m. Tuesday. The body will be taken to Berry’s Funeral Home. Interment in Shultz Family Cemetery, White Oak Flat, Sevier County. Survivors: two sisters, Miss Juanita Shultz, Knoxville and Mrs. P.M. Webb, Atlanta, Ga.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 23 April 1916
- Date of death: 10 August 1943
- County: Sevier
- Hometown: Knoxville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 399th Bomber Squadron, 88th Bomber Group
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Shultz Family Cemetery, Knoxville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVII, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Chester W. Shultz
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.