Clarence John Hawkins was born on 22 December 1921, the son of Lewis R. Hawkins and Maude Vaughn. Husband of Pauline Annie Kay and father of Sandra Kay Hawkins.
Died of wounds 22 February 1945
Buried at Chickamauga Cemetery, Chickamauga, GA
Technician Fifth Class
28th Cavalry Reconnaissance Squadron, Troop A
The Chattanooga Daily Times, 16 March 1945
Reported killed in action according to word received from the War Department yesterday was Cpl. Clarence J. Hawkins, 22, husband of Mrs. Pauline Kay Hawkins, of 2613 41st Street, who was listed as killed in action in Luxembourg on Feb. 22. Cpl. Hawkins, a member of the Sixth Cavalry, attended Chickamauga school before entering the service in 1941. He had served 18 months overseas. He was the father of an 18-month-old daughter and brother of Miss Lorraine Hawkins here.
- Rank: Technician Fifth Class
- Date of birth: 22 December 1921
- Date of death: 22 February 1945
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 28th Cavalry Reconnaissance Squadron, Troop A
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Chickamauga Cemetery, Chickamauga, GA
- Location In Memorial: Pillar X, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Clarence J. Hawkins
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.