PFC Claude Danial Hickey was born in Rhea Springs, the son of Frostin Daniel Hickey and Lucy Phillips. He enlisted on 22 February 1942 at Fort Benning in Georgia. He died non battle.
The Chattanooga Daily Times, 29 March 1949
The body of Pfc. Claude Hickey arrived in Spring City, Tenn., Monday afternoon and was removed to Vaughn Funeral Home. He was killed in Italy Sept. 25, 1945. He joined the army in 1943. Surviving are his mother, Mrs. Lucky Hickey; four brothers, Andy, Richard, Horace and George; five sisters, Mrs. Hattie Gilbrith, Mrs. Katherine Ray, Mrs. Rosetta Truss, Misses Minnie and Anna Mae Hickey, all of Spring City. Interment in Hickey Cemetery with military honors by veterans of World War I and II.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 14 February 1909
- Date of death: 25 September 1945
- County: Rhea
- Hometown: Rhea Springs
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVI, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Claude D. Hickey
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.