Claude Martin Curtis was born in Alabama. Son of Cornelius Malcolm Curtis and Loudicy Millirons. Husband of Mary Eloise Broyles and father of Claude Martin Curtis Jr. and Charlotte Maxine Curtis.
He was killed in action in Germany.
The Chattanooga Daily Times, 17 May 1945
Pfc. Curtis was reported killed in action with an infantry unit in Germany, his wife was officially notified. He was employed by the Combustion Engineering Company prior to entering the army in May, 1944. Overseas since the first of the year, he is survived by his wife and two children, Claude M. Curtis Jr. and Charlotte Curtis.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 17 April 1919
- Date of death: 7 April 1945
- County: Hamilton
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 28th Infantry
- Theater: Germany, Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Whitehall Cemetery, Fort Payne, DeKalb County, Alabama
- Location In Memorial: Pillar X, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Claude M. Curtis Sr.
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.