Clell Russell Stinnett was born in Elkmont, Tennessee, the son of William Robert Stinnett and Polly Ellen Ogle.
Clell Stinnett arrived in England in February 1944. He was killed in action at Omaha Beach June 8, 1944.
Survivors: parents; brothers, Gentry, Maryville; Billie, Walland; sisters, Mrs. Clarence Pack, Mrs. Clyde Kirby, Maryville; Mrs. Leonard Cogdill, Miss Lorene Stinnett, Walland.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 19 November 1914
- Date of death: 8 June 1944
- County: Blount
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 8th Infantry Regiment, 4th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: Normandy Campaign
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Cold Springs Cemetery, Walland, Blount County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VI, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Clell R. Stinnett
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.