Born 10 May 1915
Died of wounds 16 November 1944
12th Infantry Regiment, Company I
Pvt Webb was killed in Germany. He is buried at Howards View Cemetery, Jones Cove, Sevier County, Tennessee.
The Knoxville Journal, March 19, 1945
Pvt. Cleo Webb, 29, husband of Mrs. Betty Webb of Sevierville, died on Nov. 1, 1944, of wounds received in action with the U.S. First Army, the family was notified recently. Private Webb entered service Jan. 19, 1944, and took basic training at Camp Blanding, Fla. He went overseas in July, suffered his first wounds on Aug. 10, and returned to duty Sept. 9, 1944 In addition to his wife and two children, Hazel and Geraldine Webb, he is survived by two sisters, Mrs. John Sutton and Mae webb of Cosby; three brothers, Holden Webb with the Arm in the Pacific, Clamton Webb of Sevierville, and Ovel Webb with the Seventh Army in Europe.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 10 May 1915
- Date of death: 16 November 1944
- County: Sevier
- Hometown: Sevierville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 12th Infantry Regiment
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart with Oak Leaf Cluster
- Burial/Memorial Location: Howards View Cemetery, Jones Cove, Sevier County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVII, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Cleo Webb
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.