Cleave Tweed was born 12 February 1917, the son of Edgar “Edd” Tweed and Susan V. Cutshall. Husband of Diana Gillen.
Died 12 June 1944
Buried at Sheltons Chapel Cemetery, Greeneville, TN
358th Infantry Regiment, 90th Infantry Division, Company C
The Greeneville Sun, 11 July 1944
Another Greene County boy has been reported as killed in action in the European Theatre of War. Pvt. Cleave Tweed was killed in action in France, June 12, according to a telegram from the War Department received yesterday by his wife. Pvt. Tweed, a son of Mr. and Mrs. Edd Tweed, Greeneville, Rt. 2, entered the service September 2, 1943. He received his training at Camp Van Dorn, Miss., and was immediately sent overseas. He was stationed in England for some time.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 19 February 1917
- Date of death: 12 June 1944
- County: Greene
- Hometown: Chuckey
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 358th Infantry Regiment, 90th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: Normandy Campaign
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Sheltons Chapel Cemetery, Greeneville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IX, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Cleve H. Tweed
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.