Killed in Action in Florence, Italy after only three weeks. He was 19.
Buried in Section D, Monte Vista Cemetery, Johnson City, TN.
|“Clifford was the 5th of eleven children. He was killed in action in Florence, Italy. He had been there just 3 weeks. He was buried in Italy until after the end of the war. His body was then returned to his family. They met his coffin at the train station and had a family burial. His parents were Grover Cleveland (Hunter) Wishon and Bertha Mae Miller Wishon, who are now buried there.”
–Submitted by Lena Davis, his sister
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 15 July 1925
- Date of death: 3 October 1944
- County: Washington
- Hometown: Johnson City
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 362nd Infantry Regiment
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Monte Vista Cemetery, Johnson City, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XIX, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Clifford A. Wishon
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.