Born November 3, 1913; enlisted April 13, 1943, in Fort Oglethorpe, GA
Died non Battle in Egypt
Buried at: North Africa American Cemetery in Carthage, Tunisia (Plot: G Row: 20 Grave: 12)
Parents: Oliver and Ida B. Cruze
Siblings: Glen W. Cruze and N. Irene Cruze
Married to Lillian Marie Sharp on June 6, 1941
The Knoxville News-Sentinel, August 5, 1944
Pfc. Clifford C. Cruze, husband of Mrs. Clifford Cruze, Route Four, died in Cairo, Egypt, july 3, according to a notice received from the War Department by Mrs. Cruze. Service and burial were conducted July 5. His buddies were pallbearers. A graduate of Carter High School, he was employed by the Aluminum Company of America before entering. He entered service in 1943. He received his training at Gulfport, Miss., and Buffalo, N.Y.
Besides his wife, he is survived by a daughter, Carolyn; father, Oliver H. Cruze; three sisters, Mrs. M.F. Burkhart, Mrs. Karl Teery, and Mrs. Earl Burkhart; and one brother, Glenn Cruze, all of Knoxville.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 3 November 1913
- Date of death: 3 July 1944
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Knoxville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: Air Transport Command
- Theater: Europe/North Africa
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: North Africa American Cemetery, Carthage, Tunisia
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VIII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Clifford C. Cruze
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.