Clifford Rhea was the son of Jessie Rhea and Mary M. Moody.
He served abroad the cruiser U.S.S. Indianapolis CA-35. After delivering the components for the atomic bomb to Tinian Island, his ship was torpedoed and sunk July 30, 1945. He was lost at sea along with 879 fellow crewmen.
Memorialized at the Manila American Cemetery, Philippines
Parents: Mr. and Mrs. Jess Rhea, Rt 1, Pikeville, TN
- Rank: Fireman Second Class
- Date of birth: 23 March 1924
- Date of death: 30 July 1945
- County: Bledsoe
- Hometown: Pikeville
- Service Branch: Navy
- Division/Assignment: USS Indianapolis (CA-35)
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Manila American Cemetery, Manila, Philippines
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Clifford Rhea
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.